Though I haven't yet set up any DNS (potentially hooking it up to Hacker's Club), the app is available.
- Enter your class like so: "COSC 050" and it will lookup the class time and add it to your calendar automatically.
- You can see a full listing of Dartmouth courses here: http://oracle-www.dartmouth.edu/dart/groucho/timetable.display_courses
- You can see full period times here: http://oracle-www.dartmouth.edu/dart/groucho/timetable.display_courses
- The Google Calendar API v3 is pretty inconsistent. It took a lot of digging to find out how to craft the correct OAuth2 token dance and event array.
- Heroku is awesome for deploying Django! Before, I used to use a git post-receive hook to connect to Amazon EC2, but Heroku makes it so much easier.
- How to config for separate environments. Before, I used a settings_local file that wasn't committed by git (sensitive db information). Now, os environ configs do the trick.
- Handle the edge cases (like period times: AR, special times on timetable (where it's not an existing period))
- Add AJAX lookups for the correct class names (this will make user entry easier)